Do you have a Wichita Kansas house in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Kansas foreclosure process want to get out from underneath this troublesome time and wonder if they can sell the house while in foreclosure. The short answer: Yes. The long answer: It is a bit more complex, but typically you can sell your property before foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Wichita? – How Does It Work?
In the past few years, there are a lot of homeowners in Wichita who have faced foreclosure. Since the economy has changed, many banks have shifted their process on how they deal with foreclosures.
Keep in mind, the bank that holds your mortgage does not want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank wants to make the most amount of money by selling your property while helping you avoid foreclosure. But dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a nuisance. We have learned a few alternative steps over the years that can help you stop the foreclosure process.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call the bank with regular updates and provide them with details on everything you are doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. Call the bank with advanced notice if anything will be late or you cannot make a deadline.
- Remember that bankers are people, too. Do not be overdramatic. Just explain your situation and demonstrate your cooperation to fix the problems.
- Keep careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts if it is not in writing. Keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. You may be able to drastically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort depending on the details of your situation. Each bank has its policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Time is not on your side, unfortunately. Fewer options are available to you the further behind you become on payments, so do not wait.
If you’re looking to sell your Wichita house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in difficult situations including avoiding foreclosure around Wichita and the state of Kansas. In certain situations, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and sometimes even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell your property near Wichita, we are here to help.
We buy properties from people who need to sell fast.