Relocation can be tough, complicated, and exhausting. Local Wichita home sellers call us or submit their house information every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Wichita.”
The good news is we are able to help many of those sellers sell their house quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Wichita Kansas right now!
Moving comes with dramatic changes and there is an insane amount of details to keep up with. Add to that the reason you need to move in the first place, whether a new job or a sick relative, many times adding more stress in your life.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Organize – Don’t Agonize.
Don’t put yourself in the situation where you end up paying rent or a new mortgage in your new location while continuing to pay for and maintain a vacant house in Wichita for two years. It is very expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
While the Wichita market is relatively stable right now, anything can change in the spur of the moment. We’ve heard some pretty awful stories over the past couple of decades, and unless you are swimming in money, you likely cannot afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right decisions when needing to sell your Wichita Kansas house fast due to relocating?
Your Options and Steps on Relocating And Needing To Sell Your House Fast In Wichita
First, breathe, and start doing a little research and planning. Here is some advice to help you:
- Find out what your house is worth: Contact a reputable real estate agent, or connect with us, and we can give you a no-cost, no-obligation estimate on your property. Once the value of the house is determined in the current market, you can decide if you are able to list the house or not and for how long.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a huge factor. I’ve experienced professionals who relocated out of state for a job, while their house is still on the market here for over a year before it sold for a much lower price than they expected. Determine how quickly you need to sell your house and factor in how long you are willing, or capable, to keep two mortgage, insurance, utility, and other maintenance payments.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Start the process early to avoid wasting time and money. Each month you wait or for every month it takes to sell your house costs you money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell your house, we are a reputable local house buyer and would love to make you a fast, fair all-cash offer. Just complete our Get My Fair Cash Offer form to get started.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing most people do not take into consideration is to determine the amount of money it takes to hold onto the house. Costs involve your mortgage, insurance taxes, maintenance, and more. And keep in mind if you are still within the first ten years of your mortgage, the majority of your payment goes towards interest, not the principal.Say you want to sell your house for $200,000 and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo., with taxes $200/mo., insurance $100/mo., and $100/mo. for upkeep (lawn service, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo. in non-equity building expenses. If it takes 7 months to sell your house through a real estate agent for $200,000, it cost you $11,200 in direct “holding costs” plus you paid another $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). This estimate totals $23,200 in money LOST, but the chances of this amount being a LOT more, in the long run, is almost expected.
Factor in the value of your time, the stress of your property sitting on the market, and the regret of what you could have been utilizing your money towards during those 7 months. But what if you sell your house next week and avoid all of this hassle? If you sell at a discount below the retail price, say $175,000, you would be ahead of the game. So which option makes more sense and has a better outcome: selling your house NOW to a home buyer like our company or selling 7 months later with a real estate agent?
- Take action!: Whatever your decision, you need to take action. If you decide to have your home in Wichita Kansas listed with a reputable real estate agent, great! If you prefer to not wait or pay real estate agent commissions, then contact us and we can buy your house.
If time is on your side and you have a really great property, you may test the market by offering your home at a higher price. It isn’t typical, but someone just might fall in love with the house and be willing to pay more. People do crazy things for love!
In reality, though, many homes are pretty average and tend to be just like other homes surrounding them. Unless your home is truly exceptional, like you would find in a magazine, you won’t sell it with a higher price point.
Another option is to market your property for rent and for sale at the same time to see which one happens first. Remember to keep up with the process, as it can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In some situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed amount of time before buying the house. In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love assisting people to solve complex problems. Resourceful solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Sell Now Homes Wichita And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Wichita?
We are investors who support our families and enhance neighborhoods by buying homes from homeowners in Wichita who need to sell fast for many reasons.
Sellers work with us because they:
- Need to sell fast – we can close in as little as 7 days
- Do not want the hassle of listing a property with an agent
- Do not want to pay real estate agent fees
- Cannot sell their house for one reason or another – we buy houses in as-is condition
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we believe the Wichita community and are passionate people. We’re straightforward and honest. We will quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
You can manage the sale of your property from a distance if you are prepared to wait it out and can hire professionals to help. In certain situations, that risk can pay off.
We would love to help you get answers to even your toughest questions about your Wichita property, so please feel free to call us at (316) 413-8314 and chat with us anytime.