You probably see billboards or small lawn signs advertising companies that buy houses if you’ve been driving around in Wichita.
They typically state things like “We Buy Wichita Houses!” or “Cash For Your House.”
Are These “We Buy Houses in Wichita Companies” Credible?
How do you know if the local house buying companies are honest and legit?
Many all look the same in the beginning, but we’ll walk you through things to look for in a local house buying company before you decide to work with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and reputable profession that can help communities and house sellers in several ways. However, like any other line of work, a small percentage of house buyers in any market are ones who make the rest of us look bad.
There are house buyers that are really great, ethical folks who strive to improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there are the dishonest, shady house buyers who put money ahead of the well-being of their clients. They would be willing to sign the contract in order to sell their own grandmother with one hand, while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money.
Yes, the money-hungry house buyers are out there.
We can help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local house buying companies who will buy your house for a fair all-cash offer, and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative yet. First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers do.
What Reputable Wichita House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping you improve your life by accessing the money you need right away. Many often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses or to relocate in order to live closer to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and give you peace of mind.
- Helping you get rid of a troublesome property without the stress of listing it with a broker and waiting months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire contractors, plumbers, electricians, loan officers, title reps, brokers, administrators and many other people along the way. The average real estate transaction includes around 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Wichita Kansas.
- Buying US products. We spend a great deal of money on materials that are made right here in the USA. This creates jobs in our factories, distribution centers, timber mills, supply shops, and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investments from home buyers like us.
- Increasing the value of Wichita neighborhoods. We help to increase the value of the community by improving houses. We turn abandoned and neglected houses into beautiful homes for families through repairs and updates. That allows us to strengthen Wichita.
- Increasing the tax base. A new buyer of one of our properties will pay a higher tax rated based on the improved value of the home. These taxes help pay for our schools, libraries, police, fire, streets and other pieces of infrastructure. Again, this strengthens and improves our neighborhoods.
Many people think house-flipping is a get-rich-quick scheme. This is fueled by silly, drama-based “reality” shows – the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is managing and coordinating lots of people to ensure the project is on schedule. We have to keep up with a lot of moving parts.
So, let’s revisit how you can take this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not trying to pull a house buying scam.
How to Ensure You’re Working with A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house, ask them some of the questions below to confirm they are reputable, knowledgeable, and honest people.
First, ask open-ended questions such as:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for obvious signs of ploys that shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings”: Be leery of a property buyer who tries to get you to sign the property deed (ownership) over to them at your house rather than at a professional closing attorney or title company location. Reputable house buying services perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party location such as a title company. This ensures everything is done right and is honest.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing: Be leery of home buyers who try to pressure you by saying you will have to make the decision today in order to sell your house. An offer from a reputable house buyer allows you at least 2-7 days or more for you to make a decision. Sell Now Homes Wichita do place deadlines on our offers because the market changes frequently and the value of your home can change depending on other sales in the area. We also purchase several homes each month so if we make you an offer, we assure you the cash to purchase your home is available and we reserve those funds for several days to ensure we can close on your schedule. If you decide our offer isn’t the right fit for you, we’ll assign those reserved funds to another home seller.
Most swindlers look for a quick score, and not an in-depth consultation. they will also find excuses to end the call and move on to the next homeowner who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Wichita house buying services build long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So, when you see one of the “we buy houses in Wichita companies”… never be afraid to ask questions and look for the obvious signs!