You want to sell your Wichita house, and you want to get top dollar.
But You Are Wondering, “What do I need to do to sell my house in Wichita?”
If you are looking to get top dollar that the market will bear, here is some advice:
*NOTE: This guide pertains to if you are looking to get full retail market value for your house sale. However, if you are not interested in achieving the steps below, or you do not have the time, energy or money, you can still sell your Wichita house fast for a fair value producing a win-win sale that will save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Houses get dusty and dirty, even vacant ones, so keep it clean! If you are not a clean freak, hire someone who is to maintain it until you sell your home. A home in shiny perfection will impress your buyers.
Nothing short of gleaming perfection will impress buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, hire someone who is to help you out until you sell.
If you are extremely messy, consider living somewhere else while your house is being shown. Got a friend who is a stickler for an immaculate house you can bribe to trade dwellings with? Honestly, a pristine house helps buyers feel at ease in your home. Buyers that feel disgusted in your home will stop them in their tracks.
2) Cultivate a consistent, neutral style. Your entire home doesn’t have to be painted an off-white color. Subtle colors can help change the perception of spaces such as a soft yellow to help brighten a dark kitchen, or a deep dark green or blue to make a bright bedroom feel like an inviting and tranquil setting. Be careful if you use dark colors though as it makes rooms feel smaller.
Hire a high-quality professional to paint your house. Even though it’s just color, it makes the home feel better, and subconsciously people will pay more for a property with just the right colors. And don’t only focus on the inside when prepping your home for sale. You also need to tend to the outside and anything else that seems unbalanced.
There are psychologists’ studies that optical illusions are real. Don’t believe me? Google it.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. While it may feel like a waste of money to spend an extra few hundred bucks on a dishwasher when you know someone could just end up replacing it again. But in reality, most buyers will order a home inspection and use that opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you would often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected upkeep from the buyer, and you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Be sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
Consider putting your money to good use and hire a home inspector before you list your property. Check with them in advance to see if they will charge a lower rate to return after you have fixed and repaired items from their initial report to deliver a clean bill of health. Making this move gives buyers an independent report on the condition of the house and more comfortable regarding the property
4) Make only the necessary improvements. One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when prepping their house to sell is over-improving. Spending too much money on customized frills is likely not to be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment because it is easy to overspend on almost everything else. It’s also easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
To avoid wasting money, it’s important to know which improvements will produce a return on investment.
5) Get expert opinions. Find at least a few decent real estate brokers who can help you decided the price on your property. But, be honest with them. Don’t make the mistake of lying about your intentions if you are planning to market the property yourself – this results in making enemies. Great brokers are rare, but the client makes more money than they do.
6) Have a great marketing plan. Great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It is not only expensive but time-consuming to start from scratch on your own.
If you’re a marketing expert, however, you’re ahead of the game. If you’re not, educate yourself on your options by spending time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Wichita.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Wichita area and do all the work so you don’t have to bother dealing with this stuff.
Does the Above Seem Daunting and Like Too Much Work to You? But Still Want to Sell Your Wichita Kansas House Fast?
Everyone desires to get as much as they possibly can from the sale of their house, but not everyone can accomplish, or doesn’t want to, all the steps needed to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Making needed home improvement repairs, sprucing up and renovating the property, and advertising the property all require money and a lot of time.
If you have the money to accomplish these things AND can wait the typical 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market, you’ll be better off financially to tackle these tasks and list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to accomplish these things AND cannot wait months to sell your house, then you may be a perfect fit for our local Wichita house buying service. After completing our Get My Fair Cash Offer form about your house, we will evaluate your home, make you a fair all-cash offer, and you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Compare our offer on what we’ll pay you where you don’t have to do anything versus the time, expense and the hassle involved with listing it on your own.
And, we can close FAST, often within 7 days, if it is necessary for your situation.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Wichita,” you have two solid options:
- Spruce the property up and prepare it to be all nice and ready using the steps above to sell it at top dollar. Or…
- Let us handle all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This option saves you time, money, and the hassle of listing the home yourself.
If you want to sell a property near Wichita, we’re here to help you. We buy properties, like yours, from people who need to sell fast.